Welcome


"I have not failed 10,000 times, I have successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work." Thomas Edison.



Sunday, January 2, 2011

Curtains

This is the curtains I had up in the family room but wanted a change.



I wanted a neutral color so I found some curtains for cheap but they were too short for what I wanted ..so I had a shower curtain that I had picked up from a thrift store that was very nice with a printed design on it. I cut it up and sewed it on the top of my bought curtains. Then I took some left over material that I had left over from another project so I made them into swags and I love the result. I wanted something where I could switch out a color when I wanted and the swag will allow that!



These curtains were in my bedroom at one time but I remade the a little and they are in our office now. The top part is the backside of some curtain panels I found cheap. I didn't want to use the "right" side so I just flipped it over and decided to use the backside. The red part of the curtain is actually a tablecloth. It was cheaper than curtain panels or material. Love good deals. I can't wait until I can paint this room.




Bedroom Curtain in progress...

I wanted to change my bedroom to black and white with a pop of color. I am not sure if I am going to keep these as curtains but it was a good try. I found a Duvet cover at the thrift store for $2. I saw it as some great material, so I bought it. Then I decided to take the sides and one end apart and use them a curtains. The different prints come from the two different sides. I just opened the Duvet up, cut for the length and then hung. I had some remnant trim that I had found at Hobby Lobby and just stuck it on there. It works for now.



The Piano room curtains...

For these I just bought 3 panels at Ross, took one apart to add to the length of the existing panels, added some trim and I love them.



These curtains were up in the kitchen before the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment