Welcome


"I have not failed 10,000 times, I have successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work." Thomas Edison.



Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kitchen Update

We have been trying to update our kitchen little by little. We have painted the cabinets and added trim above and below them with fixtures. We also had to replace our appliances. We couldn't afford new counter tops so I did some practicing and painted them as a temporary fix. The wall paper was put up right on the sheet-rock when the home was built so it wouldn't' come off without tearing up the wall. So I textured the wall then painted it. The floor grout needed a cleanup so I tried to re-grout, but that didn't work well, so I ended up painting the grout. We also changed the light fixtures. I wanted a cool tile for the backsplash but again didn't have the money at the time so I am still in the progress of working out what I really want. I put up a paintable wall paper and I am still working on the outcome I want to achieve. Our dinner table has been through a few transformations too. My husband built it years ago when our 6 children were still at home. When he made it he stained it. Then we moved into this home and the it really stood out so I did a white wash on it and painted some white to blend in with our countertops and cabinets. After we painted and changed some things, I painted it black.




Counter top practice.....





Backsplash practice...still working on this...






Grout cleanup....




Kitchen Table...




Table Lighting...





Before pictures of parts of the kitchen....



No comments:

Post a Comment