Welcome


"I have not failed 10,000 times, I have successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work." Thomas Edison.



Monday, January 3, 2011

Slip Covers for Christmas Stockings

This year I decided I didn't like my stocking and wanted to do something with them. It was on a whim that I decided I was ready so I went to my fabric remnants and picked out some coordinating colors. I traced the old stocking to make a pattern then went to cutting and sewing the new stocking. I then decided to just make them as a "slip" stocking and slipped them over the old stocking. Then I just sewed a band for the top and added a bow here and there. I loved the way they turned out and when I am ready for a new look, I can slip them off and slip on a new style. The old stocking is made out of a denim type fabric so it give a nice sturdy support for the slip stocking.


No comments:

Post a Comment